Sunday, May 5, 2013

Vinyl v.s. "Generation Now"

With vinyl making a strong movement back into mainstream culture, we've been debating on putting our next collection of recordings on the retro disc.  We love the sound quality on a record but are doubtful that this trend is really going to stick around very long.  With every single person in your audience holding a smart phone capable of instantly downloading your music with a QR code or a link what's the point of printing anything?  A hard copy of my favorite band has and always will be something that I've enjoyed to collect, but I think that is a lost art.  I could be wrong.  "Generation Now" is content with poor sound quality downloaded directly into your ears.  I guess it couldn't hurt to at least put out a split on vinyl.  It's nice to have as an option at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment